Summer!

I've been seeing all these photos of snow everywhere courtesy of Facebook and Instagram. Can I say I'm kind of jealous at the moment? I always loved summer, the consistency of long, hot, sunny days just made me happy. But as I get older it starts to wear a bit thin when it's ridiculously hot. 
According to the news, our summer hasn't been too hot (although it feels like it has been), and we've had a few milder days and colder nights in the last week or so which was awesome. We have had 15 days over 35 celcius (95F), in January, and I know there were a few in December and November too. But today is another one, and according to forecasts we are set for a record breaking heat wave over the next week. It's supposed to get up to 42c (110F), and not go below 39 celcius (103), for at least the next week possibly longer.
I got a text message from the girls' high school earlier today advising about the extreme weather for next week which I've never had before, and apparently some schools that don't have airconditioning are going to close next week. 

I guess what makes it even more of a uggghhhh thought is not only do we not have air conditioning, but the nights aren't supposed to go below about 24 (76) for that time as well. (So now would be a good time for me to rant about why on earth air-con isn't standard fare in houses over here, like heating is in colder climates, but I guess that would be pointless so I won't). 
 There is also the fact that the medication I take for my back makes me hot. And no, not the 'yeah you are' kind of hot. It's the 'my blood and brain are actually boiling from the inside and I think I might die' kind of hot. 
**sigh** Unpleasant, to say the least. 

We have the house as dark as an Arctic winter (well, as dark as we can get it!), I'm compiling a list of meals that don't require the use of the stove or oven and am seriously contemplating bringing Miss P's little clam shell pool into the living room! 

So can I say plllleeeeeeaaaaasssseeeeee keep posting photos of all the snow that is covering DC and Minnesota and seemingly everywhere else in the US!! If I can't be cool, I can at least live vicariously through images on my computer! 

Ok, so now who wants to see photos of Miss Penelope?! I did put these up on Facebook, so if you've seen them already well you'll just have to look at them again. And if you haven't seen them already, be prepared for some ridiculous cuteness. 

Penelope Kathleen at 30 months old. Summer 2016. 




























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time To Say Goodbye

Sleeping All Night and Other Updates!