A Bit of Nostalgia

Miss P is sleeping the afternoon away and I'm sitting here feeling a little nostalgic. Wondering how she got so big, well figuratively speaking anyway. She's actually still very little, and she makes people smile when they see her walking around cause she's so tiny. So I thought I'd have a little bit of a ramble and do a family update with one or two photos for you. :)

This morning I felt a little bit special - I had a local journalist come to the house and interview me for my upcoming exhibition. She took some photos and we talked a lot about the show and how exciting it is! She was here for a good hour and when she left I was even more excited about what's to come! She did say they (the local paper) were going to try and get a photographer out to the exhibition either on opening night, or at some point during the two weeks and maybe do a follow up post.

The story was going to be in the local paper next week with a small article in their monthly what's on magazine, but instead they have decided to do a longer feature in the magazine. Miss P even got in a few of the photos, playing with paintbrushes on the floor while she took photos of me at my easel! Can't wait till it's out and I can read the interview!!

Everything is pretty much ready for the show, I'm just waiting on the brochures to arrive from the printers.





Miss Emily and the Little Dude are just busy being kids at the moment. Emily is getting excited about starting high school next year, and this year being the last one of her primary school years. She's becoming firmly entrenched in that almost teen but not quite 'girlness'. Too old for little kid stuff, too young for older teen stuff. Sometimes I look at her and wonder how on earth she got to be this age. Last I looked she was still singing along to Dora The Explorer and counting to ten in Spanish I swear!

And Little Dude has finally become a typical little boy. He's noisy and just a little bit obnoxious in the way apparently only boys can be. He thinks making farting noises out of his armpit is hilarious, and irritating his older sisters is his mission in life. He's become kind of gangly finally and his friends are becoming more important and more of an influence on him..... *sigh*......

The Social One has signed up for a trip to New Zealand next year with school. A group of 22 year 11 and 12's will be going to Queenstown for 8 days to ski. How on earth is she old enough to fly to another country without me?! And I am already waiting for the inevitable broken arm or leg, because while she wants to try everything she possibly can....she's just as clumsy as her mother! Not sure how skiing and Eden will fit together, but we'll see hey?

The Eldest One is pretty much off living her life right now. She's 17 in eleven days time. She is having weekly driving lessons now and spending so much more time at friends houses and just being away from us. She does still hang out with us at night, but it feels weird when she gets behind the drivers' seat and I watch her drive up the street, and when I hear her talk about being 18 next year.... officially an 'adult'.....

Matthew, aka The Awesome One has finally started at the new store and his hours are a bit all over the place but I think it'll end up meaning he gets to spend more time with his Little Miss. And he's only 5 minutes away from home, which is pretty cool too. The new hours meant we got to get Miss P's passport photos done together yesterday....she was kind of tired but that was a good thing! She didn't wriggle and the photographer got the shot straight away! Now we just need to fill out her passport application and pay the fee and we're literally all good to go for our trip!


Hopefully they'll all get some decent use from their passports: I'm hoping to be able to do two exhibitions overseas next year with a couple of local artists. One definitely in Minneapolis, and one either in the US or in the UK......     So if anyone has any suggestions on a good place to exhibit, and fundraising ideas throw them my way!

And lastly I'll leave you with a photo of a miserable Rex.... he is a bit wounded at the moment. He somehow has managed to rip a chunk of skin off his back, which is both weird and disgusting. It's been cleaned and pumped full of antiseptic. It doesn't seem to be bothering him too much but he's not overly happy. Here he is cuddling up to Miss P's giant toy dog. I think he actually is loving the attention, and being in the house so much though! Makes me wonder if it's possible for a dog to milk a situation like people can, haha!!









Follow on Bloglovin
You might like to read:

Best Sellers List
Best Sellers List 2014; A Book You Must Read!

Comments

  1. Oh that answers my facebook question of 'what did he do?'. Not long now, three weeks today and I'll be there...xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer!

Time To Say Goodbye

2013, A Look Back