Little Dude Turns 9!!

So I got yelled at a little bit after the last post. The Awesome One was reading it and turned to me and said two things.....

"You do realise how crazy you are, right?"

and

"Not even an obligatory random cute picture of Little Miss P?!"

So in response:

"I don't care how crazy I sound, that's just me. Take it or leave it."

And included in this post are a couple of random obligatory pictures of the Little Miss. Except they aren't really random.....

Anyway, yesterday was Little Dude's birthday. He turned 9, which I just can't quite believe. We got him this giant 1/10th scale model T-Rex. BEST PRESENT EVER apparently. High praise indeed!!


 He's been so excited, counting down for weeks now till his birthday.


 Little Miss P was very interested in what was going on!


 The box was huge! Bigger than he is, he could barely extend his arms all the way to unwrap it!


 Don't mind the blurriness, I just love the expression on her face!


 She wanted to investigate what her big brother was looking at!


 When he went to pack up his lego and take everything to his room, she just wanted to follow him as she does with everyone now. Hence the footstools blocking off the doorway to the kitchen. She does get very frustrated at not being able to escape the lounge room!!




 He chose chicken safari snacks, curly fries, corn on the cob, peas, carrots and broccoli for dinner and then Freddo Frog icecream cake for dessert. Random, but that's what he wanted!! 

In other news, I met with the Arts Director at Rockingham City Council yesterday. I have been offered a two week major solo exhibition, funded by the City of Rockingham and will be paid to run a three hour mixed media/art journalling workshop! He said the City was excited to be working with me and he thinks my work is fantastic and unique to the Greater Rockingham area. It's really exciting, and just a little bit surreal as well. 
The exhibition will be held in the Rockingham Arts Building Gallery, and will run for the second two weeks of September this year. I'll have a proper official opening that will include such dignitaries as the Mayor and Councillors! 

So now I just have to get painting! 





Follow on Bloglovin
You might like to read:

Best Sellers List
Best Sellers List 2014; A Book You Must Read!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer!

2013, A Look Back

Time To Say Goodbye