Liebster Awards, and Some Penelope Photos!

There is apparently this thing called a Liebster Award in the blogosphere: It's not really an award, I think it's more like a bloggy online version of a get-to-know-you lunch.....or something.....

Anyway, I've been nominated for this twice in the last month which is pretty cool I guess. You're supposed to answer questions that have been set for you, then nominate a bunch of other bloggers and ask them similar questions. The concept seems a little random to me, so I'm going to answer the questions but I'm not going to go through the whole nominate and ask others stuff. Who knows, you might just learn something about little old me that you never knew!

Jules over at Life Through A Lens, and Asha from It's Just Asha have both set questions for me. Some overlap so I'll just answer one version of each!! BTW, if you're into beauty blogs go see Asha, if you like lifestyle/photography definitely check out Jules!

Ok, so here goes:

1: What is your favourite month of the year? Why did you start blogging?

Hmmm, I don't really think I have a favourite month honestly. If I had to pick though I'd have to say November cause taking the kids to America is going to be amazing!
I initially started blogging over @ Given To Art when I was studying for my art degree, but then started this blog last year because I wanted to be able to update our family both here and in the States on what we were up to!

2: If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would it be and why? Are you still in education and if so what are you studying. If not, what do you do?

 I love animals but I'm going to be boring and stick with a dog. The reason for this is because I absolutely believe wild animals should not be kept as domestic pets.  I'd love to have an Old English Sheepdog, and The Awesome One really wants a Husky..but for now I guess we'll have to make do with Rex and Veronica, the Border Collie and Border Collie x Kelpie who are very much loved!
No I'm not still studying, I finished my art degree in 2012 and I'm trying very hard to 'make it' as an artist. I also teach after school art lessons for kids which I love,  and that's part of the reason that I'm considering restarting the secondary teaching and art degree that I was originally doing before I switched to just art. We'll see, but it's definitely something I'm considering.

3: Who has inspired you lately?

My husband. He has this unshakeable faith in me and my abilities. I've been a little down in the dumps, partly because of chronic lack of sleep thanks to Little Miss P, partly because sometimes it's easy to lose sight of what you are trying to achieve when things don't quite go to plan. The Awesome One has yelled at me, encouraged me and generally inspired me to keep getting there. He reminds me that he believes in me constantly and lets me know that no matter what it'll all be ok in the end.

4: What is your favourite childhood memory? What makes you 'you'?

I had a great childhood so there are a few favourite memories. Mostly they centre around playing and roaming free when we lived in the country: spending all day outside fishing for yabbies in the dams, swimming in and exploring the creeks, bottle feeding baby goats, milking the cow, running through the orchard.....and the other favourite memories usually centre around my Dad. Sitting on his lap laughing as I poked his belly and he likened it to jelly, or when he'd come home from work when I was little and his response to what was for dinner was "yum, yum, pigs bum!!". Or laughing at him pushing his nose down so we'd say he looked like Gonzo from the Muppets, or watching him laugh so hard at something that tears were rolling down his cheeks. No one else would get what he was laughing at, but we'd end up laughing with him. It happened often, my Dad has a rather wonderfully warped sense of humour!
What makes me, me is my personality I think. My belief that you have to be yourself regardless of societal expectations. The way I am overly emotional and my own reasonably warped sense of humour (yes, definitely inherited from my Dad!). And all of the life experiences that have happened up to this point have all gone into shaping who I am as a person.

5: What's your favourite colour? What's your favourite make-up brand?

Hmmm, I love rich purples, warm reds, cool blues and calming greens. I love pink but I am inexplicably drawn to orange and turquoise so I guess those two would be my favourite colours if I really had to choose.
I don't really wear much makeup so I don't really have a favourite brand. I love Kohl black eyeliner though.

6: If you were trapped on a deserted island what three things would you want with you? What book would you recommend to your readers? 

I'd want my family with me, an ipod and headphones stocked with music and an unlimited battery life, and a sketchbook and pencil. I'd be pretty damn content if I do say so myself. :)
I have to recommend my Dad's book, A Long Way To Goulacullin (link below signature). Aside from being a wonderfully emotional read and a true story I'd want as many people as possible to be able to say they have a first edition of this book! He's going to the London book fair and the Frankfurt one this year in support of it, and has had interest from America as well as all around Australia. So watch this space for news of how amazingly successful this book becomes!

7: What's your favourite tv program? What would you like to do that's adrenalin filled or outrageous?

Currently I am loving Love Child, which revolves around a group of pregnant teenage girls in Sydney in 1969. It looks at the horrible process that was standard of 'hiding' pregnant girls so as to not embarrass their families, then almost forcing them to adopt out their babies so they could return to normal 'life'. Being set in Australia in 1969 it's a great look into our culture and society as it was then, rather than looking at English or American culture from the 60's and 70's which is what we usually see on tv.
I'm probably the least likely person to do anything that adrenalin filled. I'm a bit of a wuss and I'm happy to stay that way. The skydiving and bungee jumping can be left to someone else, thanks very much!

8: Favourite actor and favourite food?

Mmm...Johnny Depp. That's all.
Chocolate and Corona count as food, right?

9: What hair cut do you have now and why? Do you have pets and if so, what are they?

My hair is long. It's been it's longest ever in the last couple of years and I think I'll be keeping it long for a while yet. I'm really too lazy to have a short style because I wouldn't style it, so long is better.
See question 2.

10: What place in the world would you like to visit? How tall are you?

I'd love to see the Pyramids in Egypt. I would love to go to Alaska and Hawaii and I definitely want to go to Africa and see safari animals in their natural habitats.
I'm 160 or 162cms tall, I can never remember which. I know that's weird but I can't it's like some sort of mental block. So that's like 5'1 or 5'2, something like that. Short....but not too short!!

11: Favourite ice cream flavour? Country you want to visit?

Cookies and Cream or Mint Choc Chip. Or maybe Butterscotch......mmmm
See question 10 above.


So there you have it. Maybe you've learned something about me, maybe not. Thanks Jules and Asha for asking me those questions, I've had fun answering them!

Now onto a few gratuitous shots of the 8 month old Little Miss,.  In addition to crawling like a maniac now, she is also still not sleeping *sigh*, got her first tooth the day before yesterday, says Mum-mum all the time and pulled herself up to standing today *sigh again*......and just seems to love the little music box her Grandpa sent over! Her little face just lights up when she hears the song (It's a Small World) - I'll try to get a photo because it is amazingly adorable! If she could talk (and it won't be long :/) I'm sure she'd say "thanks Grandpa, I love listening to it!!!".


 Ok, so this isn't my photo - the eldest one actually took it on her phone but I just love the pout! This is pretty much her everyday face...as opposed to her surprised face, or smiley face or whatever. She so has her Daddy's lips (and his beautiful eyelashes too!-).


This was our attempt to get a photo of her 'old man' hair. Didn't work very well but you can kind of see it. It was very cute regardless.


 Apparently learning how to take 'selfies' on my phone, with the social one!!! Hmmm.....


 Food, Mummy! Food time!!!! And then the photo below is the weird but of course adorable face she pulls a lot these days. She makes this face kind of like she's trying to blow something to cool it down, but she makes a "ooooooohhh, ooooohhhhhh" sound at the same time. No idea what she's trying to do or say, but it's very cute.


 And then this one I love. Playing video games with Daddy. I'm not sure who had more fun just quietly.....









Follow on Bloglovin
You might like to read:

Best Sellers List
Best Sellers List 2014; A Book You Must Read!

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for answering my questions!! Enjoyed reading your answers! Also loved the cute photos at the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading this! And I lived in Egypt for four years, so if you fancy some go-to places I'm your gal ;) xoxo

    ItsJustAsha.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer!

Time To Say Goodbye

Sleeping All Night and Other Updates!