Why This Blog Was Born

Hello!!

I like to talk....you might say I can ramble on for days on end about stuff. Or maybe you wouldn't and that's just The Awesome One's voice in my head I can hear. Regardless, I do like to talk, and I write the way I talk (which is kind of rambling but I promise I will almost always get to the point!), and I like to write!

The point of this post being that as The Awesome One and I have so many friends and family in far flung areas of the globe, it makes it oh so much easier to keep everyone updated with what we are doing, photos of the children and the like.

Plus, as you might know, I make stuff all the time, and while that may be awesomely creative on my behalf, it doesn't really fit on my art blog. Because that's supposed to be about my art. Not about the tutu's I've made for Halloween (although they are awesome and I'll get to those in another post), or the giggling that Little Miss Penelope did yesterday for the first time. Or even for the homemade laundry detergent that works amazingly, or the very cute (but not art) owl play mat I made for her while I was pregnant. Surprisingly, my art blog is also not a good place to talk about how The Eldest One got her learners permit recently and has started to learn to drive and how insanely petrified that makes me!

So that's why this blog was born. To talk about all that kind of stuff. Because people say to me all the time, that I must be insane to have five children, and that it must be chaotic in our house.

Well....it is chaotic a lot of the time, but a lot of the time it's not. A lot of the time it's quiet. The Eldest One and The Social One get along very well most of the time. They have the occasional issue, but mostly, they're good friends. They borrow each others' stuff, and they talk about, well, teenage girl stuff.  Miss Emily and The Boy also get along pretty well actually. If you were to believe them, they really don't like each other at all, but funnily enough, we see them playing together quite a lot!

And of course, they all adore Little Miss Penelope!

In fact, The Boy (aka Little Dude) announced today in the car, (as he is want to do fairly frequently) that he has had "74 smiles from Penelope!" The standard answer of "uh-huh, that's awesome!" seems to suffice for him until the next time he remembers he is 'counting' how many smiles she gives him, and he continues on where he left off. (Ignoring all those smiles in between of course!)

So perhaps I am insane, but that's ok. I love my family, and I love our sometimes chaotic, sometimes hectic, sometimes oh so ordinary life. And I love sharing all of that too.

Sarah
:)

Comments

  1. Well, this is nice. I love your sometimes chaotic family too...a lot, and it's lovely to see what you're all up to. Huge hugs for everyone......:o)
    XXX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer!

Time To Say Goodbye

2013, A Look Back